Saturday, August 25, 2012

bless the LORD, o my soul

B.J. read familiar, beautiful Psalm 103 at the supper table Wednesday night.  Fitting, I thought, as I remembered my post from a few days before.

For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust.

Even more fitting when we met our son, Eli Caleb, several hours later.

Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!

First photo

B.J. not only cut Eli's cord - as he did with all our other children - the midwife even let him deliver Eli and hand him up to me after exclaiming, "It's a boy!"

Sweet reward.


One proud papa.


Thursday morning, with all our kids - not the most flattering shot of Nath and I, but you get the idea.  :-)  We're happy!

Quiet time at the hospital with Mom.

So glad to be bringing our baby home!

Home.


He's beautiful.

And we?  We are blessed.  And honored...and humbled...that He chose us.

Abundantly blessed...

...and blessing the Lord.


6 comments:

  1. Yay...pictures! What a darling! Congratulations to you all...see you THIS WEEK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sarah and BJ! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! LOVE the pictures! What a sweetie - with so much adorable hair! Love you seven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again! Thanks so much for posting. He's a handsome little guy : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congratulations to you all! So happy! What wonderful pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete