Friday, July 6, 2012

dear nathan

Dear Nathan,

This is one thing that I miss about living in Iowa: your laugh when you saw Ellie after church.  But tonight Gaga (that's how you say "Daddy") and I served at a wedding at our church here, and Pam and Ellie got to babysit you because their family is in the area visiting Karyn.  Mr. and Mrs. R. were invited to the wedding, and when they brought me home around 11, you were fast asleep in your trundle bed, wearing your beloved Thomas ("coo-coo") pjs and cradling your soccer ball, and Ellie was curled up asleep beside you.   These are moments when I wish I could make time stand still, moments I wish I could hang onto forever.  But since I cannot, I am writing this one down instead, so that I can remember, and so that someday you can read this, and know how much you loved Ellie.


You bring us such joy, Little Man.  When I am homesick or feel lonely, I praise God that I have your Daddy and your siblings and you.  You are my life's work.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment