Saturday, June 23, 2012

sculpture walk

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!  But I have plenty to keep me occupied each day, and our computer is in the basement, so I probably spend an average of 5 minutes per day on the machine now.

Is it really Saturday?  This week flew!  The highlight?  Leah learned to ride bike without training wheels!  B.J. and I practiced with her multiple times this week, and Thursday evening it all paid off.  Woo-hoo!  No more pregnant mama tripping down the road hanging on to the seat!  Will wants his training wheels off this afternoon, and the way he ramps the curb with them on, I don't think he's going to have any issues once they're off.

We've had some hot days this week - 105 degrees - and one cooler day - Wednesday didn't even hit 75.  It cools off nicely at night, sometimes dipping into the 40s.

We've also spent some time this week in the garden, which thanks to the drought, the heat, the bugs, and the bunnies isn't looking so hot (no pun intended ;-), and bit by bit I painted B.J.'s and my bedroom.  Whew!

We continue to adjust.  Some days I am more lonely and tired than others.  The other day we pulled into the driveway after grocery shopping, and Marie piped up in the back seat, "Aw, Mom!  I wanted our white house!"  And I know how she feels.  Some days I feel as if I've made way too many wrong turns and I get sick of polite conversation; then I find myself longing for familiar places and faces.  But over all, we're adjusting.  God is good.


B.J.'s been putting in long, hard days with the concrete crew.  Saturday mornings he spends at school.  This morning the kids and I were all tired and out of sorts after a busy day yesterday visiting with Uncle Phil and Aunt Laura and their kids (wish I would've had my camera out then, we had a good time!) and the school's 50th anniversary celebration in the evening.  We had the house tidy, laundry finished, and Sunday breakfast and dinner made by 11:00, so we headed to the sculpture park, which is maybe a mile from our house, for our first walk there.  It was already 90+ degrees, but the kids still enjoyed our hour long stroll, and so did I.  And this time I brought along the camera!

Photo #1, and Nathan is refusing to cooperate.  Outlook: not good.
 



The white "cloud" in the background is the smoke that seems like a permanent part of the landscape here.  The High Park fire is now 75,000+ acres in size and has destroyed nearly 200 homes in the mountains.






Sir Nathan, Protector of the Water Bottle (but don't you dare ask him for a drink!).


Will's not making faces, he's sneezing...
...and still sneezing!  :-)  The pig's called Charlie.
Hey, that's a little better...
Ring around the rosy...


Here, lizzie, lizzie...
Sled ride - that sounds nice right about now!

Whaddya know?!  Trooper, Springer, and Daisy right here in CO!

The giraffe's called Charlie, too.


Time to go home for lunch.  Now that wasn't so bad, was it, Nath?  

1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures, Sar! Looks like a good time!
    I couldn't help but LAUGH at the ones of Will sneezing. . . downright hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete