Saturday, April 13, 2013

bottle rocket blast

hi.  it's me.  busy wife and mama...and [very] infrequent blogger as of late.  

Anyway, my husband's been busy, too.  Recently he taught his 6-8 grade science class about rockets.  The students built water rockets out of 2L bottles, and B.J. put together a rocket launcher with some pvc pipe and our old air compressor.  Some of those rockets really flew!  (I think a few might still be hanging out on the church and school roofs.)  The entire student body came out to enjoy the show.

(Who enjoyed themselves the most?  I pick Beej and Karl.  ;-)



Jordan's rocket really flew!

This rocket went straight up and almost straight back down. 





Trivia:  How many guys does it take to fix a water rocket?  Ha-ha.  Just kidding.  ;-)

I think Leah's trying to catch a raindrop on her tongue...
Spectators.

More spectators.

And someone's skinny kid wandering around without a jacket on...Hey - wait a minute!  I'd better go...
 Hope you enjoyed launch day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! BJ and Karl definitely seem to be enjoying themselves : ) ~Erin

    ReplyDelete