Tuesday, October 23, 2012

brown-eyed girl

Ten days ago our Leah turned 8.  Here's a brief, belated recap of her special day.
Leah drew a picture on the marker board of what she wanted her cake to look like.  I did my best!
Opening her birthday gift while we Skype with Grandpa and Uncle Jer...
...and Jer and Nath being silly.

Birthday supper...
 ready for bed...
a rose from Caleb - thank you, Caleb! -

and a darling bag that Grammy sewed just for her new piano lesson books - thank you, Grammy!
(Leah asks, "How did you know that my favorite color is purple?!")
It's fun to give gifts to Leah because she's so very appreciative.  She comes walking out of her bedroom the day she opened her birthday present, tears in her eyes.  "Mom, I just started crying in my bedroom...I'm just so happy!  I love my cake!  I have everything I've ever wanted!  And I never thought you would let me take piano lessons!"  And then she gives hugs and kisses and more hugs.  She was still feeling grateful five days later - here's the message she left on the marker board for B.J. and I:
Love you, brown-eyed girl!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - such cute pictures! The cake looks great! Looks like her birthday was indeed very special. : )
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! I hope Leah didn't think we forgot about her! Something will be coming soon.. its a work in progress :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEAH! It looks like you had a wonderful day! I loved the cake you "designed"...so cute! Your Mom did a great job decorating it! It was so nice to see all the pictures from your special day!

    Love you!
    Auntie Michelle

    ReplyDelete