Tuesday, September 11, 2012

and feed the baby

You've read Olivia?
She's the one who is good at lots of things - like wearing people out.  She even wears herself out.


In the morning, Olivia gets up, moves the cat, brushes her teeth and combs her ears and moves the cat...



I feel a little like Olivia lately, only I'm not moving the cats, I'm nursing Eli.

In the morning, I wake up and feed the baby, get breakfast on the table, drive the kids to school, feed the baby, throw in a load of laundry, settle a Marie and Nath dispute, feed the baby, get lunch on the table, read a few stories, doze while feeding the baby, pack up Marie and Nath to get the kids from school, come home, get a snack on the table, feed the baby, fold the laundry, get supper on the table, try to feed the baby without spilling my supper on him, load the dishwasher, bathe the kids, feed the baby, tuck the kids into bed (they've worn themselves out), pack lunches for the following day, feed the baby...and by then, B.J. and I are both worn out, too, so we put ourselves to bed.  Then, of course, there's more feeding the baby throughout the night.

But he is such a sweet baby, our precious Eli.  And all those feeding times provide me with the opportunity to rest, review spelling words, and read lots of books...like Olivia.

And one day, all too soon, I know, it will be otherwise.


“Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you."

Isaiah 49:15

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW the feeling. They are precious times though. All too soon we'll be missing those moments with our precious babies. I'm trying to treasure them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I can definitely relate to this one. With each one I'm learning to treasure this time more, mainly because they grow up way too fast (but also because the mooments of sitting & resting come fewer and farther between ; )
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete