Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back from CO

We are back from Colorado.  I didn't take many photos again - seems my hands were usually too full of children for that.  But there are a few.

My first glimpse of a realio, trulio plateau.

Saturday at a mountain park with friends.
Sweet Carlyn.
You just can't beat our Nath's smile.
Nathan and Alexis.
The road into school and church.

While there, we saw in person the house which we are in the process of purchasing.  We drove by first on Thursday evening, on our way in, and all I could see was how close the houses there are to one another and to the street.  I wrote this Thursday, in the middle of the night, while everyone else was sleeping:


A Country Girl Moves to Town

The houses on our street line
up like teeth once in braces

like the sides of a corset
cinched along the spine.


Friday morning I brought to school B.J., Leah, and Willem (kindergarten round-up was held that day).

Willem with his teacher, Mrs. Lara Moore.
I stayed for opening devotions and all-school singing, and it’s when Jay started reading Psalm 121, I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help? that I started spilling over, thankful that I was in the front row.  When I left, I decided to do my best to find the house back myself – after all, if I’m going to live here, I might as well get over my fear of traffic and city driving.

So I did.  I found it and parked across the street for a little while.  I don’t know how I missed it Thursday, but the front yard of the place is dominated by one of the most beautiful trees I’ve ever seen (and Saturday I saw the backyard, bordered by lilacs and a garden space, with roses and bulbs sprouting everywhere).  That tree, silly as it sounds, was an answer to prayer for me, a reassurance that I’ll be alright, that our Father will care for us here, too.



An Omer of Manna

A cloud shades the front yard of the
red brick house on Birch: crab apple blossoms
in full bloom, white.  Fragrances floats
up like incense,
and
petals
rain
down:
bread
from
heaven,
angel’s food, to the full.

No comments:

Post a Comment