Thursday, April 26, 2012

Busiest Boy on the Block


One more reason I've not been packing - I wanted to sew a quilt for Nathan first since he'll probably move to the twin-sized trundle below Will's bunk once we move.  All the fabric came from my mom-in-law's attic last fall - thanks, Mom! - and the pattern I used was a simple one, called "a disappearing nine-patch" or something like that.

The front:



The back:


The last original 9-patch block I stitched in the lower right-hand corner on the back, with these words:

"Busiest Boy on the Block"
made for my Little Man
April 2012


Phew!  Always nice to complete a big project!  I really like quilts, and I've learned something new with each one I've made.  But don't look too close - I'm no perfectionist.  (If I was, I'd never finish!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love this Sarah! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks wonderful! Don't know how you find time to get this kind of thing done... I'm very impressed! : )

    ReplyDelete