Monday, December 5, 2011

First Snow


(Oh, it snowed on Saturday!)





Whose child I am I think I know,
yet oft I long for Him to show
His face upon this wasteland, cheer
my dearth:  and then He sends the snow

to cool my tongue.  I bend my ear
to hear Him who holds this trembling sphere.
He whispers in each downy flake:
His still, small voice, it draws me near.

Just as my children gently make
a man of snow, so He doth take
my life.  He means my soul to keep,
for on this one He’s set His stake.

So though the miles be dark and deep,
though sin and sorrow o’er me sweep,
my Lord His promises will keep,
‘til in His arms I fall asleep.












Hat # 1...hmmm...there's something not quite right... 

Hat number #2...better.





Pie-crust rolls for the boys...

and apple pie.

On In Around button

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this and seeing these sweet pictures. Right there with you in the covering of snow! So beautiful, isn't it? Visiting from On, In, and Around Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all your beautiful photos! Such a great post! I'm visiting from some linky party, but I can't remember which one because I'm having so much fun checking out so many blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete