Friday, September 9, 2011

Enough (Proverbs 30:7-9)



Click here, and scroll to the bottom of the post (which is well worth reading, by the way) to hear the song.


(Now let me apply it.  I had Leah back in at the doctor yesterday, and she's not all better yet.  Low oxygen levels, a lung that's still partially collapsed.  Add to that Marie, who's now being treated for reactive airways, too.  And all of this medical care is great, a real blessing, but it costs a small fortune.  And all in the middle of our extreme intense plan to pay off the remaining thousands of dollars of student loans by May.  So I'm coming home to tell B.J. about how much these new prescriptions cost and Leah still not being all better and needing more x-rays and September's grocery envelope is empty.  And it's only the 8th of the month.


Now stop with me at the mailbox and find an anonymous check that will help us with all of this, and suddenly I'm able to work it through.  With a lump in my throat, but a reassured heart.  That God does provide for us each day, our daily bread.  And whoever you are, you maybe read this blog, I don't know.  You're making me bawl again right now.  You just wait.  We're going to live II Corinthians 8:13-15 back at someone else when it's our turn.  You wait and see.


Rain more than this day's bread,
And I may say I'm God instead...
God, I ask only for
Enough...just enough.)



1 comment:

  1. Amazing!!!! What a blessing. I don't know why, but this verse popped in my head: Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

    ReplyDelete