Saturday, July 23, 2011

many things mulberry



If had to choose a photo to represent this summer, I might pick this one.


Not because I think it is such a great photograph.  I do not.


But for these reasons:


For the brilliant blue of the sky.


For the bright green of the leaves.


For the magical little bubbles of light (do you see them?) that play behind the ordinary.




For the hum of the flies in the top of the mulberry tree.


For the way the sun beats into the shoulders,


and for the way heat crawls down the backs of the legs.


Photo by Leah


I'd pick it for the way the mulberry trees in the grove grow spindly and tall, reaching for the light, their fruit out of reach to everyone but the birds.


For mulberry stains - on the hands, on the clothes, and on the sheets on the line (these left by the mulberry-eating birds).




I'd pick it and remember many things mulberry...


Photo by Jerron









1 comment:

  1. Yum... I love mulberries! The tree they cut down next to our house is growing back. Luke found 2 berries the other day, so I have high hopes for next year. Brings back good memories of picking mulberries on Sunday nights at Grandma Tops : )
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete