Thursday, July 28, 2011

goin' campin'

We are just back from a few days camping with my dad and mom, siblings, spouses, children, and a few special friends.


Talk about
fish catchin'
boat ridin'
lake swimmin'
bug huntin'
burger grillin'
bike ridin'
birthday celebratin'
camp-fire singin'
s'more makin'
kid chasin'
heat-wavin'
thunderstormin'...



Mmm...ice cream cake...



There really were not a lot of overly sentimental moments for me.  Too much heat and weary children for that.


But this was one.


When I get home and open Dad's e-mail with the photos attached, my eyes swim warm, and my throat hurts.




Looking our best - who doesn't after a few days camping?  ;)



What a privilege to belong to this group, to call them "brothers" and "sisters"...and mean it two ways.


Now add to that spouses, whom we call "brothers" and "sister"...and mean it two ways.


Add to that children, abundant children, who will be here when each of us has run our course, to carry on the Father's work.




Looking our VERY best....


My heart and my eyes...they overflow.

1 comment: