Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!


           
My sister Valen took this photo of our family when she and her husband Kurt visited at Thanksgiving.  Here’s what you can expect if you come to visit!

            Want to hold our little ray of sunshine?  Sean Edward was born on May 19 as the morning sun streamed through the window.  He loves three things best: bath time, the first two fingers on his right hand, and sleeping smack dab in the middle of his two old people.

            It’s hard to get a word in edgewise at our supper table.  Leah and Willem like to lay out every detail of the overwhelmingly original plot of the latest Hardy Boys mystery they’ve shared.  Willem will probably point out the tree house he’s building in the backyard.  Leah’s liable to relate her recent horseback riding lesson.

            Devotions commence when Miss Meticulous finally clears her plate.  Maries enjoys kindergarten so much she can’t think of a favorite thing at the end of the school day: “Every part of it was my favorite, Mom!” 

            Can’t find Nathan?  Look downstairs.  He hibernates down there for hours at time, perfectly content with LEGOs and the latest audio book.  Eli’s acquired Nath’s former fascination with all things train.  Would you please read to him The Little Engine That Could?  B.J. and I are pretty burned out with that book.  (BJ: Dear, I cannot read this book again.  I cannot, I cannot, I cannot…  Sarah: Oh, I think you can, I think you can, I think you can…  ;-)

            BJ continues to alternate between two jobs he loves: teaching and concrete.  He also started a small computer repair business this year – another endeavor that he enjoys.  I’m pretty much the same, just a year older and (I hope) a year wiser.  My days are full of opportunities to exercise faithfulness in the mundane yet infinitely inestimable moments that motherhood brings.

            How the light shone when our Savior was born!  May the light of his glorious gospel shine in your heart throughout the coming year.





No comments:

Post a Comment