Friday, August 29, 2014

six kids and a chair

Well, I've hardly looked at any of my photos from this past summer, but nonetheless, the kids started school last week and Sean E. turned 3 months.  Time for The Fifteen Most Dreaded Minutes of the Entire Year (a.k.a. The Annual Photo Shoot).  Just kidding - it's really not that bad.  Especially since this time B.J.was around to help hang my old backdrop on our patio and make the little men smile.  So here are a couple of each of our children with two extra of Sean E. for good measure (since he's so scrumptious right now).





Eli sat fabulously for a few shots, then climbed off the chair and said, "Dere.  All done." And he was. Somehow those few photos all turned out slightly blurry, and, though I'm not sure why, it's Eli...so I'm not surprised.  ;-)



Nath for fake...


...and Nath for real.


Ahh, now here is one who actually enjoys having her picture taken...


...in fact, she'll hardly stop giggling long enough for me to get a natural smile!


Will Jays.  Pretty straightforward.  Click.  Click.  Done!



M' Leah, looking more and more like my mom all the time.



Hey, it's only been 13 minutes!  Let's go for a group shot...


...or not.  Where's Eli, anyway?


Ah-ha.  There he is.
Naptime for Sean.
Exit Daddy and baby and everybody but Leah, who enjoys this so much she wants to try a few more poses.



Ack!  What's that!  Oh, Eli.  Hello, Eli, my boy with the gray-green eyes.  (Fellow Anne Shirley lovers, did you ever wonder how she could have gray-green eyes?  I sure did.  Figured Lucy Maude must have made that color up, but now I've got a gray-green eyed boy of my own.  Hey, this photo's not blurry.  Too bad he's been snacking in-between time.  Anybody know what Eli's been eating?  Anybody?)


Yikes!  Beware the Eli!  Oh, wait...you're just trying to show me what you've been eating, Honey?  Well, I can't tell.  Looks like The Snack is All Gone.


(Guess he's not all done, after all...


...he'd like to get in on Leah's shots as well.  In Sean E.'s bumbo seat, of course.)


Wait, was that a beep I just heard?  Time's up!
Hope you enjoyed The Annual Photo Shoot.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Such fun to see pictures of your and BJ's kiddos, Sarah. :-) They are a precious gift from the Lord! Love seeing how they're growing and their personalities shining through. And I appreciated the Anne Shirley reference very much! Maybe I'll go dig out those books and read through them again in my free time..... ;-)

    ......Although I may not have much of that for these next two years. I am enrolled in graduate school at the University of South Dakota, where I'm pursuing my masters degree in speech language pathology. :-) Yep, definite life changes in this past year to year and half for me! So, should you be out this way to visit your family in the next two years, let me know - I'd love to catch up with you! And the way I figure it, I'm this much closer to Colorado now, so if I find myself making a road trip out that way, you'll be one of the first people to know. :-) Also, I enjoy getting your Christmas letter each year, so if you send one this year, (and please know you have no obligation on my part to do so! :-) my new address is 3900 S Hawthorne Ave, Apt. 104, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105.

    With love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete