Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas break

Tomorrow is the last day of Christmas break.


I haven't posted in some time.  I was too discouraged to publish much for a while, and there's been a lot going on in our family as well.  Following  our birthday weekend, there were last minute Christmas sewing projects, Leah's classroom Christmas party, "Christmas" at Dad and Mom's with all my siblings and their families, a quiet Christmas Eve at home, a bout with a nasty flu bug, and the church Christmas program.  Then B.J. and I spent several days last week in Colorado.  He is interested in the high school position that the PR school there is seeking to fill.  A few of the photos below are from that trip.


With the exception of one brief summer in MI, I have lived here all of my life, and most of my family is here.  We know that we are loved and needed here.  Yet we are seriously considering whether or not God is calling us to move to another place.


In addition to all that, we are also expecting Baby #5.  What a privilege, to be entrusted by Father with this little one also.  Of such is the kingdom of heaven.  Baby isn't due to be born 'til August, though.  We let the news out of the bag early, as I had some trouble with nausea on the trip, and since it is a factor in our consideration of a possible move.  And now I don't have to walk around holding in my tummy for the next month.  :)


What a comfort that you and I enter this new year held in Father's hand, guided with His counsel.  And afterward?  Glory.


God's blessings to you in the New Year.





Christmas party!





Christmas at Grandma's.






A quiet Christmas Eve at home.  (Leah has the camera.)  And I can't help but mention that my husband spent the afternoon grilling a turkey and preparing six delicious sides, which we ate that evening by candlelight.  Thank you, B.J.!












My first Mother's Day, 7+ years ago, I crawled into the backseat of the Monte,
ready for church, and found this Bible cover from B.J.
Who would've guessed - it provided the perfect photo op
for this year's Christmas program bulletin -
"Jesus, the Name Above Every Name," taken from Philippians 2.


My first time in the Rocky Mountains.  I would've taken more photos, I think, if I had been feeling better.  The winding road, altitude, and baby in my tummy
did a number on me that day. 








B.J. and Pastor K. pause on a brief hike.