Saturday, April 23, 2011

Scrap-Happy

     I started this project during the long week before Nathan was born. I cleaned out my fabric drawer, cutting a bunch of 6" squares and then halving them crosswise.  Throughout the winter the kids and I sewed them together ~ they enjoyed choosing one triangle from the "dark" bag and one from the light "bag."  After that I laid it out, sewed the rows together, backed it (with fabric from my sister - thank you, Erin!), quilted it, and just this week finished binding.
     It was my first attempt at free-motion quilting.  Near the end, as I gained more confidence, I added some words (thanks, too, to my sister Michelle for her encouragement. :)

Toward the bottom it reads:

And, way at the bottom,

4 comments:

  1. Marie's quilt looks beautiful! Don't know how you get it all done! I like the words quilted into it - makes it really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Great job! I have always wished I knew how to quilt, but I don't think I have the patience for it :) So special with the words put into it. Your daughter will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!!! makes me want to continue a project....now is not the time!! loved that song too....love you too!

    ReplyDelete